Sunday, November 29, 2009

The exciting life of newlyweds

Jared and I were married September 5th of this year, the day was amazing, if only it lasted longer. We have now been married for three months, and although our relationship has grown, things have had there challenges.
We moved back to Utah, so Jared could finish his schooling, and I would stop school for awhile to support us. However, jobs up here are very skimp, and you are very lucky to find a minimum wage job. We went a couple months without success, wondering how we were going to get by on rent, food, gas, and other bills. Getting very discouraged with no success I would often break down in sobbs during the night feeling like the one thing I should be doing for Jared and I, I had failed at.
In order to make rent, we had to take back our wedding gifts, and put all the money in our account for the next months rent that was to be payed in a couple of days. We paid for groceries with our Target gift cards, thank goodness for those. Poor Jared has had to eat cheap food every week though, constantly the same meals. :D Thankfully he'll eat anything with no complaints.
Finally after sending our over a hundred resumes and applications ( not exaggerating) I got a phone call for a portrait studio. YES!!!! Finally a glimpse of success! I finally got a job, although only seasonal, it was something, and I was more than happy for it!
During this time, Jared had a bad flu, that just kept coming back, and was putting him behind in school and track. His days consisted of staying in bed trying to sleep, but not always could. He was constantly wetting the bed with his sweat from 102 degree fevers. He lost a lot of weight from it all too, not what he needs. I felt so bad wishing there was something I could do.
Mean time I was working at the studio, getting trained. I love working with the little kids, and often come home with a lot of stories to tell Jared of the little advetures I had for the day. I am also constantly saying, " I want one" meaning a little kid. :D
Jared finally was getting over his illness, and gaining strength back. Trying to catch up in school, his professors are so understanding this semester and worked with him a lot. He also found a job working the graveyard shift at Toys R Us, during this time.
Within a couple days of Jared getting his job, I was succesfull in finding another job working at Khols. We were extremely blessed.
Although we never see each other anymore, and are still having a hard time making ends meet, we feel a little more accomplished and tired at the end of our days.
I want everyone to know though, that although we have had these hard times, I truley believe that one of the bigest reason we have recieved so many blessings is because of our family, weekly temple visits, fasting, and sincere prays. And because of all these challenges Jared and I are learning to lean on each other more, we has made our relationship grow! I cannot believe I got a man like him, I feel so unworthy of him. But am so happy that I was able impress him with something. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment